VIEW BY TOPIC
Get Weekly Coaching Tip
Ready to Grow Your Business Fast?
Here’s How I Grew Five Businesses, and Eventually Sold One to a Fortune 500 Company.
The Best Parking Management and Control Systems for Companies
How does a parking management and control system work?
Long gone are those days when you had to pay some coins to be designated parking space for your vehicle. As the world inches close to complete digitalization, developing parking management software is the need of the hour. It provides the best solutions to problems like the increasing number of vehicles, rapid urbanization, and the growing population.
Parking is one of the essential components of parking that need extra full attention. All vehicles require a specific location where they can be parked. But due to the unavailability of real estate and parking spaces, companies are taking the help of parking administration and control systems for the optimum utilization of parking land.
Parking management refers to the methods and programs used to optimize the usage of parking spaces and resources. As urban areas struggle to allot spaces to vehicles, parking control solutions are in demand. However, maintaining spaces and car parks isn’t easy, and that’s where these methods come into play.
Key components of a parking management and control system
Many companies are coming up with their parking management software. The varied choices one has in the industry make it complicated to choose one method that provides all solutions. To make it easier to choose, you can look out for the following key components that should be in every parking management and control system:
- Track traffic: The software should be able to track inbound and outbound traffic in real—time. It should calculate the spaces that have cleared up and the number of cars that have passed in a specific time.
- Set unique criteria: The parking management and control system should be able to manage different criteria, such as VIP and disabled categories.
- Cover multiple locations: The software will be a hit with vehicle owners if it can manage and cover various areas at once. This could be in the form of car parks in different locations or parking slots in a multi—story car park. In addition, the higher organizational skills the software has, the more people will be compelled to use it.
- Develop reports: The critical feature one must look out for in a parking management and control system is that it should be able to translate data into actionable measures. For example, analytics like improving traffic flow or generating more ROI will help you oversee and gain control over all parking systems.
- Choice in payment options: You cannot expect people to pay for their parking space in a standardized manner. Therefore, your software should give people the freedom to choose a convenient mode of payment.
- Parking permits: Issuing and tracking permits, depending upon the duration and location, influence the parking control system. Visitor passes, staff passes, and other passes should be smoothly issued within this software.
Seven Benefits of a parking management and control system
An efficient parking management and control system benefits the vehicle owners and spaces owners. Here are the following benefits:
- Reduces the expenses of governments, businesses, and consumers
- Reduces parking management costs
- Improves and facilitates hassle—free parking
- Improves the safety and security of vehicles in a proper parking management system
- Minimizes traffic congestion and accidents
- Saves time as the people find parking spaces within a few seconds using a parking management software
- Greater accountability and understanding of how car parks are used and monitored
The advantages of using SaaS for parking management
Using a SaaS product for parking management can allow you to:
- Sign in to the parking management software from anywhere and real-time access statistics of car parks.
- Respond to multiple queries regarding parking at once. Users of the software need to adapt when environmental, legal and other logistical changes happen in the system.
Where can parking management and control systems be used?
The following industries will benefit from the inclusion of an efficient management and control system:
- Multi-story car parks with multiple entrances and exits
- Businesses/Companies with more than one parking compound on site
- Hotels and conference centers
- Hospitals, clinics, and medical facilities
- Commercial car parks
- Airports and train stations
- Malls and shopping complexes
The best parking management and control systems around the world
ParkOffice/Wayleadr is the best parking management software for smart offices. This software optimizes the car park management system, generates employee parking revenue, and reduces carbon footprint. In addition, companies can integrate Wayleadr with their parking hardware and software systems to streamline the parking process.
Wayleadr can be synced with the access control systems in your company. Doing so will ensure that only employees with valid bookings can access the car park. The parking management software can also be synced with sensors and cameras, maximizing usability.
Parkalot is a cloud-based parking control system that allows companies to create and allot parking spaces and make prior reservations. The web application handles all the parking problems of the company and allows other employees to manage their parking spaces online.
Here is how Parkalot solves parking problems:
- Your office manager can create a parking lot with a limited number of slots and invite colleagues
- Some slots go to the management team and a few others go to people who come from far. These employees should confirm their reservations a day before or by 09:00 am
- Out of all the proposed occupiers of the parking spaces, some of them have confirmed their reservations
- Now all the other unreserved spaces are available for booking by other employees
- Before the day begins, all employees get to see the utilization of parking spaces and can plan their mode of transport accordingly
Parkable is a park sharing platform that manages the parking of both tenants and employees. Using Parkable, one can find near parking spots and reserve them well—ahead. Additionally, you can also charge your electric vehicle using this software.
Booking on Parkable is easy, and you can book a slot for as long as you want. All fares you see on the software do not contain any hidden charges. Pay for the space and get receipts directly to your inbox.
- Secure Park
Secure Park is a SaaS parking platform that helps companies achieve optimal parking control. Some of the features of Secure Park are visitor management, license plate recognition, access control, and much more. One can rent, lease or book parking spaces online via Secure Park.
- Izix Parking Management
Izix provides flexible and streamlined management tools to simplify booking experiences for end—users. It can improve parking efficiency by using advanced insights to manage demand and bring new mobility rules. Izix’s goal is to facilitate a better urban life.
The future of parking management and control systems
Technologically driven parking management and control systems simplify traffic, optimize traffic management and reduce air pollution. Software that optimizes and can solve urbanization, pollution, population, and more vehicles. Therefore, parking management and control systems are much needed today.
By B Naomi Grace