Today, the internet plays a crucial role in almost every aspect of our lives. The internet has information on everything, whether it’s choosing the most suitable road to your destination or doing the research before making a purchase. There is no disputing that we are edging closer and closer to a digital future and eCommerce. In fact, some would say that it’s already here.
Another proof of the same is the eCommerce space. If you wish to sell a product or a range of products, you don’t need to pay for setting up a physical store anymore, However, when looking forward to starting your own company or boosting your digital sales reach, the appropriate eCommerce software can make or break your online business.
Choosing the best one might seem overwhelming, with so many options available for different sorts and sizes of businesses. Each eCommerce platform is unique, and you can absolutely choose one that is ideal for your company.
This article outlines the top 5 eCommerce platforms and the important features of each platform, rather than leaving you to wander around and struggle to get all the facts.
Top 5 eCommerce Platforms for your Small Business in 2022:
Choosing the ideal eCommerce platform for your company can be challenging.
An exhaustive list of the top 5 eCommerce platforms for small enterprises like yours is provided below. The list includes inexpensive eCommerce options that address all the urgent requirements of a small business owner wishing to launch an online store and sell goods online.
If you want to grow your small business, Dukaan is the perfect platform. It is a powerful player in the eCommerce sphere and provides enormous benefits to business owners and small eCommerce organizations. You can design a completely functional internet store even if you have no technical expertise. The user-interface is simple to use and incredibly intuitive.
With the wide range of options available on the Dukaan platform, you can quickly and easily build your online store, customise it, and optimise it to enhance your company’s revenue and growth.
- Dukaan platform with its distinct themes enables you to make your store exceptional by selecting eye-catching designs and layouts from a variety of attractive choices.
- It also helps you get your own unique, simple-to-remember domain name to give your e-store a distinctive identity.
- Additionally, it enables you to publish customised pages using easily available, simplified layouts, to expand your online store. You can also create eye-catching marketing materials using simple themes within the Dukaan platform to boost the popularity of your store.
- Finally, it also enables you to select from a variety of pre-built components, which gives your store special abilities and features.
You can choose a package for your company on the dukaan platform starting at just Rs11/day. The platform also offers three price tiers based on the specifics of your organization.
The Silver package option is offered to new companies and influencers for Rs 333 per month and Rs 3,999 per year.
For agencies, D2C brands, and developing organisations, there are two package options: the Gold package, which costs Rs 700 per month and billed annually at Rs 8,999, and the Platinum package, which costs Rs 2,500 per month and is billed annually, at Rs 29,999.
Before paying any of this, you may use the seven day free trial to decide if Dukaan is truly the right platform for you.
Shopify is an eCommerce platform that is exclusively intended to help you in establishing an online storefront. Shopify is a perfect option for companies with limited in-house technical assistance as it is a feature-rich online marketplace that is simple to set up and operate. Consequently, Shopify includes all of the features you’ll need if you’re serious about marketing and want to grow your small business.
- Shopify has some of the most sophisticated inventory management options. It enables you to simply construct extensive product pages with unique descriptions, graphics, billing guidelines, and more, as well as view inventory levels and bookings at a glance. However, these may be challenging and complex for those with little technical expertise.
- The fact that Shopify has integrated dropship services is an outstanding bonus. Therefore, Shopify can be your ideal choice if you’re a small firm seeking to locate space for your inventory. Remember that this advantage is only applicable if you are focusing on a dropshipping business model.
- Critical eCommerce metrics like store traffic, transaction records, responsive design, and more are enabled through Shopify’s insights.
Shopify subscription packages start at roughly $29 per month. There are three monthly plans available: Basic Plan ($29), Shopify Plan ($79), and Advanced Plan ($299). However, you can save money by opting for an annual plan as opposed to a monthly one. Still, Shopify is one of the most pricey options on our list.
The Square Online Store is ideal for launching an online business or upgrading your retail outlet digitally. Even if you have no little technological or web programming experience, you’ll have the tools to set up an internet store with its simple site builder layout and necessary eCommerce features.
Square Online creates a store for you that is customized to your needs using Ai Designs
Last but not least, it offers a free eCommerce plan that is ideal for a small firm that is just getting started.
- Tracking client behavior and creating personalized invoices are two of the most important features of Square Online.
- Like many other eCommerce platforms, Square Online also offers pre-built templates that you can customize to fit your branding, including adding your emblem and altering the styles, colours, and icons.
- You can quickly and simply keep the track of the products in your online marketplace using Square Ecommerce Site. You just need to input the total amount of inventory stock for each website, even if you function from multiple sites. Your inventory automatically reduces as a result of your client’s transactions and upgrades to your Square Online Marketplace Product Repository. Your list gets updated, so you don’t oversell.
Square Online offers four different plans, with prices ranging from $14 per month for the Personal Plan to $49 per month for the Advanced Commerce Plan. The Business Plan is billed at $23 per month and the Basic Commerce plan at $27 per month. All Plans are billed annually and help you take your small business to the next level.
BigCommerce is yet another integrated and comprehensive platform. It is a very effective and feature-rich eCommerce platform. Both small and large enterprises can build successful eCommerce websites using this platform.
To assist you in creating your website, BigCommerce offers a wide-ranging collection of eCommerce tools. It is the market’s most versatile eCommerce platform. For a small startup, it can be intimidating, but if you have growth targets and expansion plans, this is the perfect option for you.
- To aid in the development of your website, BigCommerce provides a comprehensive selection of eCommerce features. Additionally, you have the option to include digital platforms like Facebook and Instagram on your site and advertise your products there.
- Analytics and Search engine Optimization are two more significant aspects of Big Commerce. In addition to allowing users to alter page headers, descriptions, and product URLs to enhance the probability that their products will appear in search engine results, BigCommerce’s SEO accelerates download speeds for better customer engagements.
- You can manage payments and delivery for your purchases with BigCommerce. Generally speaking, the platform’s flexibility makes it simple to design and administer your website.
- BigCommerce offers 24/7 customer support for all of your needs. They also provide you with knowledgeable assistance as you create your website.
There are three eCommerce options available for BigCommerce, the least expensive of which starts at $29.95 a month. To try it out before committing to a plan, it offers a 15-day free trial. The three subscription plans are, the Pro Plan is $299.95 per month, the Enterprise Plan, which is customizable based on your needs, and the Plus Plan costs $79.95 per month.
Due to its user-friendly layout, not only is Squarespace a great website builder overall, but it’s also one of the finest eCommerce website builders for small enterprises. You can create an online store utilising Squarespace’s templates, drag-and-drop capabilities, and dependable functioning even if you have little to no technical knowledge.
The well-known website builder makes it comparatively simple to establish your internet presence, manage your website, and even set up an eCommerce storefront thanks to its appealing responsive websites. Squarespace provides a fantastic solution for new business owners because of its affordable pricing and consumer friendly layout.
Taking an in-depth look at Squarespace’s chic design templates, as well as its blogging and eCommerce options is necessary if you’re thinking about launching a website for your business.
- Squarespace makes it simple to create premiums and subscription programs, sell products and discount coupons, and allow your users to book reservations online.
- By providing promotions and incentives, its integrated email marketing features allow users to increase brand loyalty.
- Additionally, Squarespace makes it easy for customers to pay by processing money through Paytm, Paypal, Google Wallet, and other payment modes. For rapid purchases, checkout is simplified and quick.
- Top features include social network partnerships, digital marketing, strict programming, inbuilt graphics to assist customers find your current location, and email campaigns implementations.
- Additionally, Squarespace provides tools for payment gateways for businesses that depend on subscription services.
If you choose a yearlong subscription, the basic Squarespace eCommerce plan costs just $23 per month, or $33 per month if you choose for a month-to-month option.
Pricing options include Personal plan and business plan for $16 per month, and $26 per month respectively and $12 and $18 when paid annually.
The ideal eCommerce platform varies depending on the type of business. There is no “one size fits all” solution. The size of the company and your particular objectives will influence many business decisions significantly.
Having said that, there is an eCommerce platform out there for every business, regardless of whether budget or features are the primary consideration. Finding a platform that is simple to use and prepared to evolve with you is eventually what counts.
it is a superb idea to try out a variety before picking on the greatest one. Customer Surveys, Free trials, such as the 14-day free samples offered by the Dukaan platform, can provide you an insight into which platform is best for your business.
Piyush Shah is a 6 figure affiliate marketer and has helped grow multiple businesses from nothing to making insane business figures. He is currently working as Head of SEO at Dukaan.