Technology has changed the way we do most things, including hiring workers. Recruiting agencies are also benefitting from new technologies. One of these technologies is recruiting automation software. The idea behind this software is that it does the busy work for your team, reduces human error, and helps you focus on the more important tasks that the software cannot do.
75% of recruiters are saying that technology will be playing a much larger role in future years to come. Not only that, but many recruiters are relying on smart technology to help streamline their productivity in the workplace.
So, what are the benefits for using recruitment automation?
Why Use Recruiting Automation Software?
There are a few main reasons why recruitment teams should be using this kind of software. Here are some of the most important reasons to incorporate this technology into your hiring practices.
- Better Productivity– The whole idea behind this software is to help your team work more efficiently and make better decisions at a quicker pace. Automating manual resume screening and interview scheduling allows employees to focus on more meaningful work.
- Enhanced quality of hire- Automation improves the quality of a company’s hiring efforts. It allows recruiters to employ people based on characteristics that were predicted for job success. Not only that, it can lead to better and more stable hiring decisions over time.
- Improved candidate experience-Job candidates also benefit from automation software. Potential employees don’t have to wait as long for responses, don’t have to wait as long for a hiring decision, and experience a more efficient overall process.
- Bias-less hiring- When you use recruitment automation software for assessing and ranking candidates, you remove any common hiring biases and make a completely objective hiring process. This in turn leads to increased diversity in the workplace.
- Decreased time to hire- Every day a job role goes unfilled in a company is a day where the company faces lost profitability and productivity. Automating certain aspects of hiring, like candidate pre-screening and assessments, greatly reduces the overall time to hire.
These are some of the best reasons to use recruitment automation software in your hiring process. So, now that we understand the why recruitment teams should take advantage of this technology, we need to investigate how we can implement this software in the hiring process.
What Are Some Ways Recruiting Automation Software Can Be Used During The Hiring Process?
How does automation software help recruitment teams? Here are 7 ways in which this technology is used in the hiring process.
Traditionally, when a position opens up within a company, that job would be advertised in the local newspaper and listed on job boards. Then came listing it on the internet. With recruitment automation software, you can use programmatic job advertising instead, which is the purchasing of digital advertisements using software.
Using automation software allows you to place your job advertisement all over the internet. These ads usually have low or no return on investment costs, which saves your company money, by making use of automated advertising budget management. “This automation can help recruiters reduce cost-per-applicant by over 30%” explains Troy Ryan, a project manager at Elite assignment help and State of writing.
Recruiting automation also improves your employer brand messaging, focusing on employee experiences, giving a favorable light to company culture, and pushing out branded content that is more appealing than the average job posting.
Automated systems are great at weeding out the wrong job candidate for your company. With recruitment automation software, you can carry out background checks by running any contact information through the system for verification of their identity and confirm employment eligibility.
This is the most common automation software that recruiters use. Applicant Tracking Systems are used to collect and track the recruitment process in a database, from when a job candidate first applies for the position, to when a final decision to hire or not is made. It is a great organizational tool.
Recruiting via social media
Nowadays, jobs are advertised via social media. In fact, 98% of recruiters use Linkedin to post jobs and source candidates, as well as other sites like Instagram and Twitter. It’s super easy and efficient to use automation software to manage your social media recruiting, such as automating when you make a social media post and launching recruitment campaigns.
There are pre-hiring platforms dedicated to pre-hiring assessments. These platforms are invaluable for assessing relevant skills, characteristics, and automatically ranking of candidates based on their assessment scores. This mitigates any hiring biases that might skew candidate selection, making the hiring process more objective.
Most of these skill assessment platforms also integrate easily with your company’s ATS, keeping your company’s information on potential candidates as up-to-date as possible.
Interview scheduling with recruiting automation
Scheduling interviews also is a huge time sink and requires impeccable organizational skills. It’s considered to be the most tedious task out of the hiring process.
Automation software helps by saving time and streamlining the process, creating a smoother and better experience for recruiters and potential new hires alike.
Candidate rediscovery and ranking
Most of the time, you will have multiple candidates for one position, and will only hire one of those candidates. However, the job market is very competitive, and it really benefits you to keep track of talent even if they were previously turned down. Candidate rediscovery and ranking technology can help here, as it helps companies identify past candidates who might be a good fit for the current role, as well as their candidate scoring and ranking to help speed up the hiring process overall.
Recruitment automation software is a massive help for recruitment teams. These are 7 of the most common ways in which recruiter implement automated technologies within their companies. It can be used in a variety of ways and offers many distinct team advantages.
Christina Lee is a social media strategist at Student writing services.