Most projects for construction companies are carried out on a massive scale and demand that a large number of tasks be completed with the use of the appropriate management abilities.
Thus, it’s recommended to get your workflow digitized from the get-go.
Some of the essential procedures are part of a construction project: accurate cost assessment, proposal creation, designing, approval, communication, scheduling, and time tracking for payrolls, etc.
Completing each of these steps will require a significant investment of your time and expertise.
A program for managing construction projects may give all the capabilities to speed up these operations significantly, make them easier to work with, and improve their overall efficiency.
As a result, the procedure will take less time, which will result in increased profitability.
We know it is important for smaller construction companies to have software that’s both budget-friendly and effective, so we’ll be looking at both.
Doing your research and investing in what’s right for your current business needs and budget will save you time and money in the long run, and you can always upgrade later!
In short, good software for managing construction projects has the following 3 key features:
- Availability on a mobile app.
- Document management (plans, pictures, contracts, and bids).
- Usability (so your team can navigate through it with ease).
So, what are some of the best software for construction companies?
The Agendrix construction schedule software is the most affordable, yet fully-professional and optimal option out there. It comes with everything from scheduling to integration to real-time communication for your company. Managers use it to track and organize their employees through multiple sites as if they’re all in one place.
You can create and monitor tasks, connect files and photos, and allocate resources. Use your calendar to keep tabs on schedules, timesheets, and time off.
On top of the basics, Agendrix offers effortless communication between team members, time-punching linked to timesheets, finding geolocations, tracking overtime work, etc. All this information goes straight to your phone as a notification.
Naturally, you can test out the software for free for 14 days, and then choose between the Essential plan that is $2.75 per user monthly or the Pro plan that will cost you $4 per user on a monthly basis.
- Risk-free trial
- Overtime and off-time tracking
- Users have unrestricted real-time messaging
- Keeps track of tasks and employees across all sites
- Suitable for small, medium, and large businesses
- Extremely affordable
- Can be a bit tricky for employee availability input
- No master employee schedule per job position
Multiple features and tools are brought together in one place in JOBPROGRESS to simplify construction project management.
Staff duties, client appointments, and project progress reports may all be generated by users.
In addition to offering infinite storage for documents, images, and other material, it integrates with several different applications, including QuickBooks, Google tools, and ZenDesk.
There is a lack of accounting connectivity with QB, and while accountancy and task management software can sync invoices, it is necessary to enter the P&L manually.
There are no free trials or plans for JOBPROGRESS, although building firms with few users may afford to utilize it. An account manager will help you set the program for your company for $500. The monthly charge for each user is $55, and there are no tiers.
- Reasonable monthly cost
- Photo and document storage is unlimited
- Automated emails and processes for mobile apps
- Proposal, development, and budget monitoring
- Management of tasks and work
- Contract Builder Template
- There are no free trials available
- The app’s integration capabilities are restricted
Since it is cloud-based, you can use Contractor Foreman on any device connected to the internet and the Contractor Foreman app.
In terms of simplicity of use, Contractor Foreman is a standout. Thanks to its straightforward design, you can quickly locate tasks, documents, customer information, bills, and punch lists.
For one month, you can have access to all of the capabilities, which will allow you to evaluate whether or not they are suitable for your business. Contractor Foreman charges a consistent amount every month for membership. However, customers can only have a restricted number of users until they reach the highest membership tier, at which point they may have an unlimited number of users.
- A free trial is available
- The monthly fee is not dependent on the number of users.
- Easy to use Unlimited endeavors
- Capacity is limitless.
- Billing is included.
- Work, purchase order administration, and customized reporting
- Change order management, RFIs
- Management of punch lists
- Management of bids and submissions
- Accounting integrations are only available in the most expensive subscriptions
- The standard plan does not have a client portal
Houzz Pro is a hybrid project management application. It produces leads for small contractors or subcontractors looking for specific assignments like home upgrades.
The cloud-based solution enables you to engage with your team and customers for more transparency. You can create proposals using templates or from scratch, establish a schedule, so consumers know when to expect a final product, and provide estimates and invoices. You may track project progress in real time and adjust to-do lists.
Although there is a free trial and several of Houzz Pro’s significant capabilities are free, the premium service costs $399 per month. If you don’t require marketing or advertising capabilities, the mid-tier subscription, which usually costs $99 per month, is reduced to $49 for the first three months.
- A free trial is available
- Low-cost alternatives
- Tools for advertising
- CRM encompasses spatial planning in both 2D and 3D
- Controlling a project or set of tasks
- Collaboration in real time between the client and the company
- Invoicing and payments for bids and estimates are all made online
- In most cases, users are subject to limitations
- Ratings are low
- It may be tough to cancel a subscription
Summing it up on construction companies
Some construction management software is better suited for big general contractors with several projects, customers, and subcontractors, while others are more suited for smaller, specialized construction companies.
Contractor project management software must provide access, document control, and simplicity. Efficiency and a reduction in the amount of time required to do a job are the key benefits.
When selecting any business software, keep these factors in mind, and you’ll always be in step with the latest and most useful tools on the market.