Ready to Grow Your Business Fast?
Here’s How I Grew Five Businesses, and Eventually Sold One to a Fortune 500 Company.
Revolutionizing Employee Management: 6 Tech Tools for Success
In the modern workplace, technologies like AI and machine learning have brought about unprecedented advancement to HR activities. Around 88% of businesses have invested in an employee management tool to stay relevant and formidable in the global market.
However, technologies are constantly evolving and newer and upgraded versions pop up every day. With the digital space crawling with employee management systems, it’s becoming more onerous for businesses to decide which of these tools can help them manage their employees most efficiently.
I bet that’s why you landed on this piece. Fortunately, you’ll get to explore a list of the top six tech tools that can revolutionize your workforce management. Feeling excited to read on? Let’s get started.
Revolutionary tools for employee management
As technologies have become a major prerequisite for business productivity and success, here are some must-have tools every HR team must include in their stack to revolutionize their employee management.
Recruiting management systems
Hiring and managing top talents is pivotal for organizational growth and development. In fact, it forms the basis of all business strategies. With recruiting management software, hiring managers can automate and speed up recruitment processes from start to finish.
Here are some ways it can enhance employee management to help you close in on the best candidate;
- Applicant tracking: Collects and filters candidate’s resumes based on predefined specifications. Similarly, it can automatize the processes of flowchart creation, sending rejection emails, and conveying updates.
- Candidate assessment: Uses screening forms and job-related questions to identify candidates with required skill sets. It’s capable of conducting background and reference checks to help you hire candidates with good professional history.
- Interview and proposal management: Helps you schedule and initiate live video interview sessions with job applicants based on predefined instructions. It comprises a vast library of templates that helps you customize proposal letters to enhance acceptance rates.
Recruitment management systems show varying levels of functionality and there may be cases when you need to hire a freelance specialist to help your team execute a short-term business project. While we at Beaumont People have an expansive team well versed in hiring across the east coast of Australia, it can be nerve-wracking when faced with the intricacies of making international hires.
With a tool like Global Expansion’s tax service, you can simplify these processes and eliminate the complexities of global taxes. Additionally, it
- Helps you create bespoke benefits packages that match the lifestyle of their employees irrespective of the locale.
- Lets you stay updated with labor laws, tax requirements, and other requirements.
- Lets you hire top talents while simplifying the complexities attached to global payroll and tax compliance
Human resources information system (HRIS)
HRIS is one of the most significant automated software solutions in the digital workplace in that it serves as an organization’s single data repository. It functions as a storage media that manages and restores employee-related data, thereby increasing the overall efficiency of all HR processes. Here are some of its key features and benefits;
- HRIS comprises employee data management that keeps tabs on all employee information about personal data, skill sets, certifications, and professional background.
- It comes with a time and attendance feature that allows the HR management to efficiently keep track of employee attendance, work hours, extra shifts, and time-off requests.
- HRIS platforms comprise payroll and benefits administration which incorporate seamlessly with payroll systems to manage employee benefits and compensation packages, tax deductions among others.
Other interesting features include employee self-service, document management, compliance and reporting features to mention but a few.
Performance management system (PMS)
Performance Management System is yet another AI-powered technology that is specifically designed to automate and streamline HR processes of monitoring employee performance metrics, setting objectives and key results, and keeping track of organizational progress. Here’s an overview of its key features and benefits;
- Goal setting and alignment: it allows organizations to synchronize all activities by collaboratively setting SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, Time-bound) goals.
With that, managers and employees can align all business objectives and ensure everyone is working towards a definite goal.
- Continuous feedback: Its real-time communication feature fosters an atmosphere of open dialogue, paving the way for instantaneous feedback on business activities.
By maintaining a constant touch, it becomes easier for managers to quickly identify possible impediments, provide expert support, and ultimately, recognize and reward employee achievements.
- Performance reviews: PMS facilitates regular check-ins, making it easy for managers to gauge employee performance metrics bang on time. By so doing, managers can identify employee strengths and weaknesses, provide feedback, and create growth strategies.
As part of its unique functionalities, this hi-tech tool benefits you with 360-degree feedback, performance analytics, and integration with learning management systems LMS.
Communication and collaboration tools
With remote and hybrid work models taking center stage, software solutions like Slack, Google Meet, and Zoom became the new norm to bridge the communication gaps of the remote workforce and businesses involved in global expansion. Here are some of its notable features that facilitate employee management;
- Messaging and chat: This feature facilitates real-time messaging for faster communication and also contains dedicated channels for one-on-one conversations and group chats.
- Web conferencing: This feature allows managers to host online one-on-one and group video sessions with employees while granting them access to chat integrations and automatic video records.
- Project management: Managers can seamlessly create and assign tasks to employees, set deadlines and reminders while keeping track of ongoing tasks and projects.
- Document collaboration: Some of these tools allow multiple users to access, edit, and comment on documents concurrently. Managers and employees can leverage this to stay updated on projects, share feedback, and have first-hand access to previous business documents.
It also facilitates file sharing and cloud storage integration, remote whiteboarding, social networking and feeds amongst others.
Although these tools are multifarious and vary in functionalities, businesses must consider which features suit their specific needs in terms of intuitiveness, security features, and scalability in organizational growth.
Employee management software
Eliminate every bit of redundancy with employee engagement software. This AI platform is an organization’s best bet to gauge and increase employee satisfaction, engagement, and overall productivity in the workforce.
It’s designed to collect feedback, evaluate data, and implement strategies that promote a positive work culture. Check out some of the prominent features and benefits of this AI-powered technology.
- Employee surveys: this feature allows managers to carry out different survey activities through pulse surveys, customizable questionnaires, anonymous feedback, and more. With that, managers can get real-time feedback on employee satisfaction and engagement.
- Performance analytics: By analyzing the trends and patterns embedded in employee engagement data, managers can generate actionable insights to ameliorate their team’s engagement levels and overall workforce productivity.
- Employee well-being: this hi-tech tool allows managers to perform wellness surveys and wellness programs to understand employee pain points and offer confidential support services to enhance their work-life balance.
- Learning and development: Engagement platforms provide managerial support and training for managers to efficiently engage and motivate their teams.
Employees on the other end can have access to a wide range of online courses, resources, and training programs to widen their scope of knowledge and enhance their skill set.
Additionally, engagement systems integrate well with other existing HR tools to streamline all business processes and maintain consistency with data.
Learning management systems (LMS)
LMS is an indispensable part of employee management in that they serve as a learning media to deliver training and development programs to employees. This platform offers up-to-date online courses, webinars, and materials that help employees upskill and remain relevant in their fields.
To nurture an atmosphere of growth and a culture of continuous learning, LMSs are equipped with the following features;
- Course creation and content management: LMS facilitates the creation of courses, video lessons, e-books, and other resources which can be organized based on a company’s educational program.
- User management: LMS applications allow managers or administrators to manage accounts by assigning roles and giving permissions. They get to decide who uses the platform as a learner, instructor, and administrative personnel while restricting access to certain features and courses.
- Progress monitoring and feedback: managers and employees can keep a tab on learning progress through LMS. While employees (learners) can access their completion status, results, and accomplishments, managers or administrators can draft detailed reports on employee learning metrics and analytics.
- Updates and notifications: LMSs come with automated notification features that keep learners abreast of upcoming tasks, due dates, and course updates. This keeps employees on their toes and enhances overall engagement.
LMS is a flexible and highly scalable tool that suits businesses of different sizes. While it maintains consistency with content delivery, LMSs are cost-efficient tools that save your business the extra cost associated with in-person training, physical materials, and travel costs.
Bolster your employee management with emerging technologies
Now and then, newer technologies continue to surface in the digital space and we haven’t seen the last of them. Each of the latest IT technologies tends to be more advanced than the earlier versions and businesses need to stay updated to identify the most predominant tools in trend.
In every organization, employee management should be classified as a top priority, and every piece of technology that can augment HR processes of enhancing employee satisfaction, engagement levels, and productivity should be brought into play.
And there you have it, five revolutionary HR tools that can revolutionize your employee management. Thanks for reading and I hope you utilize this piece to the fullest.
Rilwan Kazeem is a freelance content writer, explorer, and reader. He has covered topics including digital marketing, HR, emerging technologies, and their intersection with business. Rilwan’s writing has been featured in Leaderonomics, Engagedly, and Newsbreak—where he unraveled “10 simple steps to launch an online business in 2023”, among others.