VIEW BY TOPIC
Ready to Grow Your Business Fast?
Here’s How I Grew Five Businesses, and Eventually Sold One to a Fortune 500 Company.
How To Create And Share Video Marketing To Boost Your Business
If you don’t have a video marketing campaign, you need to re-evaluate your entire digital marketing strategy. It means you’re already behind 86% of businesses using video marketing.
Brands are now focused on video marketing because video is the most consumed content on the Internet. In 2017, Cisco predicted that 82% of global Internet traffic would compromise video content consumption.
So, if you’re still thinking about using video marketing, it’s time to gather your marketing team to brainstorm ideas. Thankfully, this article contains tips on creating different types of marketing videos.
Some examples include brand videos, video reviews, customer testimonials, and the like.
7 Types of Video Marketing and Helpful Tips for Creating Them
An audience won’t be able to connect with your brand if they don’t know what you do. They also have to understand your process and how your products work before buying.
The good thing is that you can use a simple and engaging explainer video to communicate your brand’s value and product benefits.
These short videos concisely describe and outline a brand’s message, services, and products. They are informative and educational and can be designed to offer solutions to specific issues.
For example, customers search the web for answers to peculiar problems. When they do, your explainer video will tell them the cause of the issue and introduce your product as the right solution.
Explainer videos can also compel contemplating customers beyond the consideration stage.
Here are tips on creating explainer videos:
- Take your time to brainstorm and come up with a script.
- Remember that your ideal audience wants to know what the product is about and what it does.
- Keep the video short and straightforward, and don’t say any more than is necessary.
- Start with the problem, explain why it happens, introduce your product as the solution, and encourage them to buy.
- Don’t go over your product’s features. Instead, talk about its benefits.
- Use a professional voice.
Customer Videos (Testimonial Videos)
Every prospect will want some evidence that your products are what you say they are. Most potential buyers already expect you to present your brand as the best. So, no matter how compelling and professional your videos look, they need an extra push to convince them to buy.
That’s why having current clients talk about your products and services is an effective way to compel leads to try out your brand.
Testimonial Videos will help you achieve that. These videos show brand customers and clients talking about the company’s products and services. Testimonials are real-life accounts of people who have used a particular brand.
You can record client testimonials after releasing your latest report, during an in-store event, or at a tradeshow.
That said, there are other innovative ways to get customers to talk about your products on camera.
For example, you can create a social media challenge, asking customers to showcase how your products helped them. Then, you can compile compelling testimonial videos for your marketing campaign.
Tips on creating video testimonials:
- Make sure you use real customers.
- Select your most successful clients or customers who are satisfied with your products.
- Creating video testimonials of multiple customers or clients is excellent, but you can try out videos focusing on one customer. This way, you’re making short videos that potential buyers can quickly absorb.
- Focus on the customer. Allow them to introduce themselves to give the testimonial authenticity.
- Use professional lighting and different viewpoints and cutscenes. You can also use text inserts and overlays to make the video more exciting. For example, the questions can be in text format rather than in the interviewer’s voice.
- Keep your videos as short as possible.
- Show the customers using the product.
People will buy from you if they can relate to your brand. Unfortunately, advertising campaigns about your products don’t showcase your company. However, that’s where brand videos come in.
Using brand videos, you can humanize your organization and show the world the faces behind the products they’re looking to use.
Most potential buyers like to discover the core values of any brand before using a product. In addition, they crave human connection to justify their decisions. This way, they rest assured about the company’s professionalism and commitment to its stated values.
Seeing your staff and hearing their stories also assures potential buyers that everyday people like them make the products.
Tips on creating brand videos:
- Keep the videos short and simple.
- Be consistent with your brand’s voice and messaging.
- Use your company’s colors and logos.
- Allow your staff to introduce themselves and tell personal stories of how they joined your brand.
- Your staff should explain why they enjoy working with the brand and how they understand your target audience.
- Make sure you produce different brand videos for different target audiences. For example, your messaging should be different for people wanting to use the product from those that want to buy it as a gift.
If you are hiring a professional agency, make sure that they are proficient in social media content creation services, especially videos. This will help paint your brand in a positive light and make it more relatable for your target audiences. This will help you with brand awareness and drive sales for the brand through online and offline channels.
Demo Video Marketing
Using a product demonstration video is a practical way to show your products in action. A demo video is a kind of instructional content that communicates a product’s value and teaches your audience how to use it.
These videos are ideal for people considering buying the product but don’t know how to use it. Demo videos can also win over potential buyers sitting on the fence because they think the product is difficult-to-use or ineffective.
The video will prove that your products do what you say and explain their benefits and features.
Tips on creating a demo video:
- Show and explain the product’s use cases instead of telling the customer how great it is.
- Focus on practical guides. Everything you say about the product should be displayed in action.
- If you can, show customers using the product.
- Provide hidden and cool features that set your products apart from the competition.
- Showcase real-world use and provide insights for maintenance.
- Let your audience know about likely issues they may face and how to fix them.
You can carry your existing customers and prospects along with your company’s event videos. It could be the launch of a new product or a groundbreaking announcement. In any case, you want to ensure the event resonates with your audience and there’s footage that they can revisit.
Now, it’s likely impossible that you can get all your customers to attend your company events. In addition, you’ll want to give everyone a peek into your most exclusive occasions and ceremonies. This way, customers and prospects feel like a part of the brand and know that they’re not missing out.
So, you have to create exciting event videos that will keep customers talking and get potential buyers to notice your brand.
Tips on creating event videos:
- Use professional directors and cinematographers.
- Showcase interesting highlights that provide helpful information.
Marketers are recognizing the potency of live videos and taking advantage. These videos increase interest and engagement.
According to a Livestream survey, 80% of consumers prefer watching a brand’s live stream video over reading its blog posts. In addition, 82% prefer a company’s live videos to other social media content.
You can use live videos to announce new products and boost awareness. You can also use a live stream for major announcements and company events to increase your brand’s web traffic and impressions.
Tips on making live videos:
- While you want to use live videos regularly, reserve them for exciting updates, introductions, and announcements.
- Organize live events on social media platforms to boost engagement.
- Focus these events on consumers and make them interactive from time to time.
Using live actors for video content can be expensive and time-consuming. As a result, digital marketers and small businesses are going for animated videos.
That said, they can be more effective than live-action videos depending on how you implement them.
You can use animations for your explainer videos, how-to content, and product tutorials. You can also use them to show customers how to interact with your customer relations team.
Tips on creating animated videos:
- Keep your videos short.
- Use suitable background music.
- Stick to your brand’s style and colors.
- Carefully make a killer video script.
- Use a professional voice.
Sharing and Sending Marketing Videos
After creating your marketing videos, you have to promote them. Thankfully, there’s no shortage of platforms to share your content with the right audience.
You can post your videos across your different social media channels, including Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, and Twitter. That said, YouTube is the biggest video search engine globally and the best place to market your brand.
Also, ensure each video post is suited to the social media platform. For example, TikTok favors short, exciting videos over longer content.
How to Send Video Marketing Files
There’s no doubt that your marketing team will have to deal with lots of raw video footage during production and editing. However, sharing these video files can be challenging if your team members are scattered across different time zones. That’s because video files can be pretty large.
If you’re wondering how to send long videos, you need a file-sharing service. While you can collaborate using cloud services, other alternatives like dedicated file transfer services can work. Some allow you to securely transfer files of any type and size to anyone anywhere. So, whether it’s a 5TB or 10TB file, there are no limits to how much you can send at once.
Wrapping Up on Video Marketing
While a lot goes into creating marketing videos, they are a surefire way to fill your sales funnels and boost your brand’s online visibility. Ensure you invest in the correct type of content and focus on your ideal audience.