Ready to Grow Your Business Fast?
Here’s How I Grew Five Businesses, and Eventually Sold One to a Fortune 500 Company.
7 Tips That Will Make Your Law Firm Attract More Clients
Do you want more clients? Most attorneys would answer “yes!” to this question, but few have the systems in place to consistently bring in new clients. Law firms have a lot of marketing materials, but we often need fresh, new approaches to marketing ideas. Marketing can often seem overwhelming for many law firms, but it does not have to be complicated. Here are some ideas to help your law firm attract more clients.
Create A Desirable Website for Your Law Firm
Today, most people skip everything and go directly online to find what they are looking for. Being online is not enough if you’re in a competitive industry, like the law industry; you need a great website. A law firm’s website is the face of the company. It should represent what the company stands for, its values, and its culture. However, a good website is not just a matter of aesthetics. It is the first impression you give to potential clients, and it can make or break your business. The website’s design should be appealing and easy to use, but it also needs to be functional. The navigation should be intuitive and straightforward, with all the most crucial information at hand at any time.
If all this sounds complex, it’s because creating a functional but beautiful website is a much more challenging task than you might imagine. Hiring a dedicated law firm web design agency could be wise if you are an attorney and need to focus on increasing your client base. These businesses specialize in creating sites that appeal to those searching for legal aid, incorporating SEO best practices to maximize results. When looking for an agency to design your website, you should consider the following points:
- Look at their portfolio: Your first port of call is examining their portfolio of provision work. You can quickly see if they are a company that you can work with or not. Moreover, you can get an idea of what a finished website looks like and if you believe it fits the style of your practice.
- Check how the site is hosted: Some design agencies will include a year of hosting, while others won’t. You should check to see how they will host your site or if you need to set up the hosting yourself. If they include hosting, you should check who they use and if it is a reputable company (e.g., if it is affordable, fast, and offers good customer service, etc.)
- Ask them what software they will use: If you plan on updating the site yourself, it helps if you know which software they use to build it. If they use proprietary software or code, you should check who owns the finished product and if they provide training on adding posts, updating scripts, etc.
- Check if they provide extra services: Some agencies will offer additional services that you can choose to add to the final bill. These can include hosting, maintenance packages, search engine optimization, content, etc. You can pick and choose what sounds appealing to you and fits your budget.
- See if they include content: A website is effectively useless without the content. Make sure they create the content for you, or if they are just providing you with a skeleton that you have to fill in yourself.
- Check if they will set up any analytics scripts: Analytics are the foundation of any successful marketing campaign. However, if you can’t collect the data, you cannot analyze it! Ask if they add analytics scripts to the site and if they can set up an analytics account for it.
Utilize Local SEO
Local SEO is a form of search engine optimization that involves optimizing a website for a local market. The goal is to rank on the first page of search engines for keywords that pertain to the location. Local SEO can be done in many ways, but it all starts with identifying the right keywords that are relevant to the location. You should also ensure that you write plenty of informative articles surrounding the area of law you practice to establish yourself as an expert in the eyes of Google and others.
Network With Others In The Industry
Networking is an essential part of the legal profession as a way to meet people, find out about job opportunities, and even find out about new clients. In order to get the most out of networking, it is crucial to be selective in who you meet. When meeting with someone, make sure you know what they do and the type of work they are in. This will give you a better idea of why they might want to talk with you and what value they can provide. Networking can be done in many ways, but it is usually done in person, meaning that you need to attend events and conferences that are relevant to your industry. Remember that you also have to provide if you want to receive.
Develop A Relationship Of Trust With Clients at Your Law Firm
In order to have a successful and lasting career, you must build relationships. You can demonstrate your value by performing well in your cases. You may need to go the extra mile and provide your clients with evidence that your efforts saved them money and time.
Consider Goodwill Marketing
Goodwill marketing is a strategy that is used to create a good image for the company. This strategy focuses on creating positive feelings towards the company and its products. It can be done by giving back to the community, providing donations, or volunteering. You can develop relationships with current and potential clients by giving back to your community. You can do this in several ways, including volunteering for relevant community events and sponsoring specific activities.
Legal Directories Can Be Helpful
A legal directory is a website that lists lawyers, law firms, and other legal professionals in a specific area of law. The directory usually provides information about the services offered by each lawyer or firm and contact details such as an address, phone number, and email address. Although it might seem outdated, you might be pleasantly surprised at how much business you receive by entering the details of your firm.
Consistently Use social media to Aid the Law Firm
If your company has a social media page on Facebook, Instagram, and other platforms, you should use it. However, It is important to consider the amount of time that an attorney, staff member, or social media manager can dedicate when deciding whether or not your company should have a social media presence. Nonetheless, social media can be a great way to connect with existing or portal clients and provide more information about your services.
Hopefully, these tips will help you to develop your firm’s brand, increase your brand visibility, and attract more clients. By helping you understand and incorporate these key things into your practice and marketing strategy, you will be well on your way to increasing business and developing excellent relationships with your clients.