- Creative (and Free!) Ways to Grow Your Business By Alan Melton
- Measure Twice – Cut Once: How a Carpenter taught me successful marketing!
- Your Customer is looking through a different Windshield than Yesterday
- Design A Bonus Program for Your Team
- Coaching Tips: Getting Referrals
- Selling: The First Meeting with your Prospect By Jim Sullenger
- Selling: The Art of the Business Conversation By Jim Sullenger
- Make Your Business Networking Count!
- Selling: Ten Things to Know and Do Before Making a Proposal By Alan Melton
- Creating a Sales and Marketing Plan
Your Customer is looking through a different Windshield than Yesterday
A year ago small business sales relied on signage and visibility to attract new business. To be sure, your business signage and the outside marketing tools employed are still pretty important. But, the world has changed and you must too!
In 1980, a then unknown Ed Rensi, who later became McDonald’s most famous President, USA developed a controversial and amazingly effective signage program for the Philadelphia Market. The plan involved painting large signs on buildings throughout the city, buying buses, benches and yes even bread trucks and positioning the famous Arches with directional information all over the place. The results were astounding.
It would not be as effective today, and even less tomorrow.
With Smartphone usage approaching 50% of by US consumers, the business “windshield” is a completely different one now. Your customer is looking through his phone web browser searching for a particular business type, selecting based on preference and convenience, and mapping to your front door. If you have moved ahead of the curve, and prepared an App for your customers they simply tap your logo and find you now.
So today’s small business question is very simple…have you prepared your business to be seen through the new customer windshield?